Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Finding Ugly Shit

Finding ugly shit is both simple and difficult.
There is so much of it on Etsy. You've seen it. The shit that belong in a second hand store, or a flea market. The shit with dingy, dirty photographs and disgusting "crafty" appearance. Popsicle stick boxes, diaper cakes, denim and patriotic are just a few of my favorite search terms on Etsy. Thanks to their horrendous search functions, sometimes even looking for NON ugly shit will bring up something vomit inducing.

Also, one of my favorite ways to find it is sitting in Etsy Chat and browsing the hideous items in chatter's shops.

To my friends in this thread, I am happy that you view this as promotion for those making ugly shit. If they can con someone into buying their fucking disgusting wares, then more power to them.
I would like to thank you for this thread, as it has been great promotion for me.

http://www.etsy.com/forums_thread.php?thread_id=5904062

And to a certain friend whose ugly item was featured, and then they messaged me- your views went up because I f5'd it. :) Almost 300 times. Enjoy dear.



I shall not today attempt further to define the kinds of material... but I know it when I see it.

2 comments:

Heather said...

You're most welcome for the thread.

I mainly started it because of the comment you said about the scarf model. Say what you want about people's items, but leave physical appearance out of it.

Lann said...

Why do people feel they have the RIGHT not to get offended...sigh.

Keep up the good work! :D